Edisto River Adventures, 153 Gator Walk Ridgeville, SC
Saturday, October 5, 2019, 10 – 11am
“We are happy to announce a unique opportunity, as Edisto River Adventures will host a Youth Kayaking Class! Its for intermediate and its for beginners! Mary is excited about Kayaking and excited about our youth learning and growing their Kayaking skills!
Mary has extensive kayaking, camping and outdoor recreation experience. Her family owned and operated private wilderness summer camps in the blue ridge mountains for more than 50 years. Mary was the youngest camper to receive her 5 year pin. This was the foundation for a love for outdoor recreational activities. Mary’s interest range from archery, riflery, horseback riding, mountain climbing, canoeing, kayaking and paddle-boarding to extensive knowledge regarding every bug, bird and tree in the forest.
Mary studied Geology and archaeology at the University of Utah where she was Vice President of the Science Club and led many Geology expeditions. She interned at The Museum of Natural History in Salt Lake City where she cataloged dinosaur bones and led elementary school class tours. She coaches the Special Olympics Kayaking Team in Charleston and is an ACA certified kayaking and safety instructor.
• Course for ages 8 – 13 years old
• Cost is $50, additional family members are $20
1. Kayaking Safety
2. Equipment Review
3. Common Paddle Strokes
4. Wet Exit and Entrance
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Games utilizing Skills Learned
• Course held at Edisto River Adventures, 153 Gator Walk, Ridgeville SC 29472.
• Registration in advance by calling (843)695-8146, payment accepted the day of the course, Registration will be from 9:30 am – 10 am, class will start at 10 am and will end at 2 pm.
• Have your child prepared with sunscreen, water, and a snack.”
Event Type: Family-Friendly, Outdoors, Sports
More info: edistoriveradventures.com