Mt. Pleasant Town Hall, 100 Ann Edwards Ln, Mt. Pleasant, SC
Thursday, May 9, 2019, 9:30 – 10:30am
“Ideas Into Action: Children, Guns & Safety
4.6 million American children live in homes with guns that are both loaded and unlocked. Each year in the United States, nearly 100 children under 18 gain access to a firearm and are unintentionally shot and killed. Nearly 600 more commit suicide with a gun.
This is a public health crisis. These tragedies are preventable. Adults who are concerned about children, guns and safety must act now.
We have the power to prevent tragedies like these from happening. Please join us for our next Ideas Into Action: Children, Guns & Safety on Thursday, May 9, from 9:30 – 11 at the Mt. Pleasant Town Hall. The following guest presenters will discuss the impact of gun violence on our children, families, and communities and how we can make a difference. We’ll leave time for Q&A.
· Dr. Anne Lintzenich Andrews: MUSC Pediatrician and co-lead of Be SMART for Kids at Moms Demand Action
· Dr. Mary Hart Craig: MUSC Psychiatrist and board member of Arm In Arm
· Merrill Chapman: President of SC Brady United Against Gun Violence
· Tisa Whack: Co-founder of We Are Their Voices
· Pastor Thomas Dixon: Community leader and board member of Brady Campaign
Please spread the news and reserve your seat here: endgunviolence.eventbrite.com.”
Event Type: Lecture/Discussion
More info: www.eventbrite.com…